Standard-Duty Floor and Wall Protection
PROTEX® is a standard-duty temporary surface job-site layout board protection sheet specifically designed for the “everyday” construction and DIY types of projects.
PROTEX is a patented vapor permeable high-density impact and puncture resistant temporary floor and wall surface protection product that is manufactured with 100% certified FSC® Recycled materials and 100% bio-degradable and recyclable adhesives.
PROTEX is non-staining as it contains no inks or dyes.
PROTEX was specifically engineered for ease of use and Tru-Lay Flat™ installation.
PROTEX is very durable and has high flexural strength.
PROTEX helps protect all floor surface types from spills, stains, paint, gouges, nicks, scratches and other damages to minimize labor costs, repairs and waste.
Materials: FSC® Recycled
Size: 48” x 96” (4’ x 8’), 48” x 72” (4’ x 6’) and 48” x 48” (4’ x 4’)
Type: Tru-Lay Flat™ Sheets
Thickness: 0.048 (Caliper) – 0.048” – 48 Mil – 48 pt
Minimum Density: 3.4 – 51.2 lbs / cu. ft. – 820.1 kg / m3
Adhesive: 100% bio-degradable and recyclable
pH: Contains a pH level above 7.0 to ensure no acidity
Moisture: 4 – 8%
PROTEX® is a patented vapor permeable high-density temporary floor and wall surface protection product that is manufactured with 100% certified FSC® Recycled materials and 100% bio-degradable and recyclable adhesives.
During preparation of the stock materials and manufacture of PROTEX® no bleaching agents or any of the following chemicals are added or used:
– Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB)
– Specified organic tin compounds
– Short-chain paraffin chloride (C10-13)
– Specified bromine-based flame retardants (PBB, PBDE)
– Azo dye and pigment forming specified amines
– Polynaphtalene chloride
– Cadmium and its compounds
– Lead and its compounds
– Hexavalent chromium compounds
– Mercury and its compounds
– Specified amine compounds
– Ozone-depleting substances
PROTEX® complies with the following:
– Forest Stewardship Council – FSC® – practices, standards and principles
– US Green Building Council – LEED® – material and resource standards
– Meets or Exceeds all ANSI, ASTM and TAPPI standards
– European regulation 1999/815/CE for phthalate content.
– German Environmental Label RAL-UZ 56
– EN 71-3 Safety of Toys Requirements
– European Parliament and Council Directive 94/62/EC
In addition, PROTEX® is not surface-coated or impregnated with any substance nor made using any ingredients or materials that are hazardous under OSHA Hazard Communication Regulation. The ingredients and materials used in PROTEX® are considered articles “which will not release or otherwise result in exposure to a hazardous chemical under conditions of normal use”. As such, PROTEX® is exempt from labeling and MSDS requirements via regulation subpart 2 of Part 1910, section 5, iv, c:
Articles: (definition) means a manufactured item which is formed to a specific shape or design during manufacture which has end use function dependent in whole or in part upon its shape or design during end use; and which does not release or otherwise result in exposure to hazardous chemicals under normal conditions of use.